Dr Faisal Sultan says govt to soon send plane to get first Chinese vaccine contingent
The government has come a long way through cooperation, Dr Sultan tells NCOC meeting
The government will soon send a plane to China to get the first coronavirus vaccine contingent, Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Health Dr Faisal Sultan said Thursday.
The development came after a meeting was held at the National Command Operation Center (NCOC) with Dr Sultan in the chair. The provinces shared their plans regarding the vaccine.
"We are ready for this important step and are united for this mission," the special assistant vowed, adding that the government has "come a long way through cooperation."
A day earlier, Dr Sultan reiterated that the government-backed coronavirus vaccines would be free for all the country's citizens.
Speaking during an online workshop, the PM's aide said that it is the "government's top-most priority to provide quality healthcare to people."
"It is crucial that we spread awareness among the masses regarding coronavirus, he said, adding that "people should follow coronavirus SOPs just like they did during the pandemic's first wave."
The special assistant said that China had donated 500,000 doses of the vaccine to Pakistan, while as many as 400,000 healthcare workers had already registered to get inoculated.
-
Security forces gun down 30 terrorists in multiple IBOs in KP: ISPR
-
MQM-P calls for new province in Sindh
-
US report validates Pakistan military edge over India: PM
-
Banned TTP poses serious threat to Pakistan security: UNSC panel
-
CM Afridi clarifies remarks on by-poll after ECP requests army deployment
-
Dubai sees 3.2m Pakistani passengers in 2025 as airport sets new milestone
-
Security forces kill 23 Indian proxy terrorists in KP's Kurram
-
Pakistan to construct island to boost oil exploration: report