Islamabad opens drive-in cinema, gets 'massive response'
The cinema was opened a day earlier, in a bid to provide entertainment to people during the COVID-19 pandemic
Islamabad's newly opened drive-in cinema has received a "massive response", the capital's deputy commissioner Muhammed Hamza Shafqaat has said.
The deputy commissioner, sharing photographs of the cinema, said that he eyes improving it in the future.
"Stay safe Islamabad and enjoy," he added.
Speaking to APP last month, Shafqaat had said drive-in movie theatres have the advantage of in-person viewing while staying in the comfort, privacy, and safety of your own vehicle.
“Social distancing is built-in, as cars are often parked six or more feet away from each other and proper COVID-19 protocols make it easier to have fun yet stay safe,” he added.
The cinema was opened a day earlier, in a bid to provide entertainment to people during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is located at the Parade Ground adjacent to the Islamabad Highway.
The project was launched by the Capital Development Authority in collaboration with Jazz and Active Media Pakistan. Movies will be premiered from Friday to Sunday at 5:30pm.
Meanwhile, according to Dawn, Federal Minister for Interior Sheikh Rasheed has ordered a reduction for the cinema ticket from Rs100 to a mere Rs50 per car.
-
Punjab by-polls: Notices served on minister, SAPM for ‘violating’ election code of conduct
-
27th Amendment empowers FCC to hear all constitutional cases: minister
-
JF-17 attracts strong attention at Dubai Airshow as friendly country inks procurement MoU
-
US lawmakers laud Punjab govt's initiative to modernise brick-kiln
-
Security forces gun down 30 terrorists in multiple IBOs in KP: ISPR
-
MQM-P calls for new province in Sindh
-
US report validates Pakistan military edge over India: PM
-
Banned TTP poses serious threat to Pakistan security: UNSC panel