close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

Pakistan

Web Desk
January 25, 2020

Unprovoked Indian shelling across LoC injures woman

Pakistan

Web Desk
Sat, Jan 25, 2020

A woman was injured when Indian forces resorted to unprovoked shelling across the Line of Control (LoC) on Saturday, according to the Inter-Services Public Relations. 

 Indian border forces deliberately targeted the civilian population at the Chirikot Sector, said a statement from the ISPR. 

"A 21-year-old woman resident of village Serian sustained serious injuries and was evacuated to nearby medical facility," read a statement from the ISPR.

The two nuclear-armed nations have been at daggers drawn over the past couple of months after India revoked Article 370 of the Indian constitution that recognised occupied Kashmir as a special territory.

Pakistan reacted sharply to the development, suspending diplomatic ties and trade relations with India. PM Imran has warned the international community in the past couple of months of India's plans to divert attention from its internal turmoil to conduct a false flag operation.

The prime minister has warned India that if it attacks Pakistan in Azad Kashmir, the country's armed forces will respond in a befitting manner and "teach India a lesson".

Indian army chief says will 'reclaim' Azad Kashmir if Indian parliament orders

Earlier in January, Indian Army Chief Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane said if his army receives orders from the Indian parliament to 'reclaim' Azad Kashmir from Pakistan, it will take action.

“If the [Indian] parliament wants [Azad] Kashmir to be a part of India, then we will take the necessary action to achieve that goal.”

“There is a parliamentary resolution that entire Jammu and Kashmir is part of India. If Parliament wants it, then, that area [AJK] also should belong to us,” he added.

This is not the first time the new Indian general has indulged in provocative posturing. In an earlier statement, Gen Naravane had said that India "reserve[d] the right to preemptively strike at sources of terror".