MWM leaders lash out at govt over murders of Shia youth
KARACHI: Lashing out at the government over its failure to take substantial action against sectarian terrorists involved in the killing of Shia youth, the Majlis Wahdatul Muslimeen leaders on Friday demanded swift arrest and public hangings of the terrorists.
In a statement issued here, MWM leaders Hassan Hashmi, Allama Mubashir Hassan and Ali Hussain Naqvi assured full cooperation to the families
By GEO URDU
February 27, 2015
KARACHI: Lashing out at the government over its failure to take substantial action against sectarian terrorists involved in the killing of Shia youth, the Majlis Wahdatul Muslimeen leaders on Friday demanded swift arrest and public hangings of the terrorists.
In a statement issued here, MWM leaders Hassan Hashmi, Allama Mubashir Hassan and Ali Hussain Naqvi assured full cooperation to the families of slain Ali Haider Zaidi and Qaiser Hussain.
Zaidi, son of an imambargah trustee, was murdered in Karachi’s Orangi Town neighbourhood while Qaiser Hussain was killed by unidentified gunmen in Peshawar earlier in the day.
The MWM leaders, while condemning the two incidents said that Ali Haider was only murdered due to the government’s incompetence and criminal negligence in shutting down offices of banned outfits in Karachi. Their flags are still hoisted across the city, they added.
The members of the MWM also assailed the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa over its failure to carry out any arrests in connection with Imamia Mosque attack in Peshawar, paving the way for Qaiser Hussain’s murder today.
The MWM leaders praised the Sindh government, police, Rangers and other state institutions for arresting the suspected mastermind of Shikarpur massacre. However, they added that the government must avoid delays in taking further practical steps against the terrorists if they wanted to convert their failures into successes.
Altaf condemns killing of ‘MQM sympathizer’
Meanwhile, Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain also condemned the murder of Ali Haider Zaidi in Orangi Town today, claiming the latter to be a party sympathizer.
In a statement issued here, he said that all MQM members including him were with the aggrieved family of “martyred Ali Haider at this juncture”.
The MQM chief expressed deep grief over the incident, in which party worker from Unit-131 Mohammad Salim was also injured.
In a statement issued here, MWM leaders Hassan Hashmi, Allama Mubashir Hassan and Ali Hussain Naqvi assured full cooperation to the families of slain Ali Haider Zaidi and Qaiser Hussain.
Zaidi, son of an imambargah trustee, was murdered in Karachi’s Orangi Town neighbourhood while Qaiser Hussain was killed by unidentified gunmen in Peshawar earlier in the day.
The MWM leaders, while condemning the two incidents said that Ali Haider was only murdered due to the government’s incompetence and criminal negligence in shutting down offices of banned outfits in Karachi. Their flags are still hoisted across the city, they added.
The members of the MWM also assailed the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa over its failure to carry out any arrests in connection with Imamia Mosque attack in Peshawar, paving the way for Qaiser Hussain’s murder today.
The MWM leaders praised the Sindh government, police, Rangers and other state institutions for arresting the suspected mastermind of Shikarpur massacre. However, they added that the government must avoid delays in taking further practical steps against the terrorists if they wanted to convert their failures into successes.
Altaf condemns killing of ‘MQM sympathizer’
Meanwhile, Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain also condemned the murder of Ali Haider Zaidi in Orangi Town today, claiming the latter to be a party sympathizer.
In a statement issued here, he said that all MQM members including him were with the aggrieved family of “martyred Ali Haider at this juncture”.
The MQM chief expressed deep grief over the incident, in which party worker from Unit-131 Mohammad Salim was also injured.
-
Security forces gun down 30 terrorists in multiple IBOs in KP: ISPR
-
MQM-P calls for new province in Sindh
-
US report validates Pakistan military edge over India: PM
-
Banned TTP poses serious threat to Pakistan security: UNSC panel
-
CM Afridi clarifies remarks on by-poll after ECP requests army deployment
-
Dubai sees 3.2m Pakistani passengers in 2025 as airport sets new milestone
-
Security forces kill 23 Indian proxy terrorists in KP's Kurram
-
Pakistan to construct island to boost oil exploration: report