Bill Gates breaks silence on Epstein links, ‘took responsibility for his actions’ during town hall meeting
The Journal released a report stating that Gates told staff that it was a huge mistake to spend time with Epstein and to bring Gates Foundation executives into meetings with the sex offender
Bill Gates publicly issued statements following a massive release of Department of Justice (DOJ) documents and took responsibility for his actions regarding his ties to late financier and sex offender Jeffrey Epstein during a town hall meeting with Gates Foundation employees.
The recent remarks come in response to a Wall Street Journal report, which clarified that Gates had expressed regret to staff during the town hall over his ties with Epstein.
According to Reuters, Gates told staff that it was a huge mistake to spend time with Epstein and bring Gates Foundation executives into meetings with the sex offender. In this connection he said: “I apologize to other people who are drawn into this because of the mistake that I made.”
The documents released by the DOJ also included pictures of the Microsoft founder posing with women whose faces are redacted. Gates had previously clarified that his relationship with Epstein was limited to philanthropy-related discussions and has since maintained that meeting with him was a big mistake.
Gates told the foundation’s staff that the images were taken at Epstein’s request, featuring him alongside Epstein’s assistants following their meetings.
In this regard he said: “To be clear I never spend any time with victims, the women around him.”
A spokesperson for the Gates Foundation said that Gates held a scheduled town hall with the employees and answered questions on a wide range of issues including the release of Epstein files.
Furthermore, a spokesperson also said that the Gates Foundation stated that the organization did not make any financial payments to Epstein. The billionaire also opted out of a recently held AI summit hours before his scheduled keynote last week.
The Gates Foundation, which was directed by Bill Gates and his former wife in 2000 is one of the world’s most prominent funders of global health initiatives. Nonetheless, recently circulating this month were described as painful and have reiterated questions regarding the ongoing debate.
-
Trump ‘holds off’ Iran strike but warns military to stay ready
-
Father of 8, killed in San Diego mosque shooting 'sacrificed his life' to protect others
-
Mark Fuhrman, key detective in OJ Simpson case, dies from throat cancer
-
Three worshippers killed in San Diego mosque shooting as police probe 'hate crime'
-
Why London tube strikes cancelled at last minute? Know all details
-
UK PM Keir Starmer says his ‘leadership is not over’, vows to bring change
-
EU plans more carbon-free emissions permits for fertilizer industry
-
Pope Leo XIV to deliver first AI-focused landmark encyclical on may 25
-
Memorial Day 2026: Drivers hit with painful gas price shock in four years
-
Hollywood has prepared public for aliens since Tom Cruise’s blockbuster, scientist claims
-
Marjorie Taylor Greene warns of ‘political revolution in America’ amid Trump Iran pressure
-
Netanyahu lobbied for military action on Iran as early as 2009, former Pentagon chief says
