‘KP was alerted about attack on schools in advance’

December 23, 2014
PESHAWAR: The KP security agencies were tipped off in August about a possible attack on the schools in the Peshawar Cantonment but adequate security measures weren’t taken, a source said. The lapse resulted in the biggest tragedy in Pakistan involving the martyrdom of more than 146 people, including 135 children, in the attack on the Army Public School and College on Warsak Road on December 16.
The source said a threat alert had been issued to the security forces, the police and the intelligence agencies responsible for security in Peshawar Cantonment that terrorists had planned an attack on the educational institutions.
More than three months had passed after the security alert, but adequate security wasn’t provided by the police and army around the Army Public School and College. The attackers broke into the school premises without being challenged and massacred innocent children. A fresh alert has been issued to all the security personnel across the province to enhance security of all the educational institutions with the help of the management of the private schools.