close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
July 13, 2012

4 Nato containers cross into Afghanistan

Top Story

July 13, 2012

LANDIKOTAL: Resuming supplies after a hiatus of some eight months, four container trucks loaded with logistic supplies for the US-led Nato forces crossed the Torkham border into Afghanistan amid tight security on Thursday, border sources said.
The sources quoting the border officials told The News on phone from Torkham that they had received notification three days ago from the federal government to allow the Nato trucks and oil tankers to enter Afghanistan.
The transporters, suppliers and drivers, who were engaged in transporting Nato supplies, suffered huge losses due to the closure of the supply routes.
A Pakistani border official, who did not want to be named, said there were worries that the militants may start attacking the Nato supply vehicles again. He said that so far dozens of locals in Khyber Agency had been killed in the attacks carried out on the Afghanistan-bound trucks and oil tankers.
The passengers travelling on the Pak-Afghan highway from Torkham to Peshawar said they were happy when the Mato supplies were halted as the road became safer.

Topstory minus plus

Opinion minus plus

Newspost minus plus

Editorial minus plus

National minus plus

World minus plus

Sports minus plus

Business minus plus

Karachi minus plus

Lahore minus plus

Islamabad minus plus

Peshawar minus plus