It is our duty to point out when Rangers abuse powers: Saeed Ghani

‘Aaj Shahzeb Khanzada Kay Saath’ on Wednesday

By News Desk
|
October 23, 2015
KARACHI: Presenting his analysis in the programme on Wednesday, host Shahzeb Khanzada said the missing of a leading businessman of Sukkur and the front man of Sindh’s very important personality of the PPP, Muhammad Ali Sheikh, has become a mystery as his whereabouts have not been known for the last four months.
It is also not known to anybody whether he has gone underground or has been arrested. Muhammad Ali Sheikh is also known as the front man of former provincial minister Owais Muzaffar Tappi.
There are allegations against Muhammad Ali Sheikh of selling government land for billions of rupees as well as corruption in numerous matters of selling lands through fake papers.
Shahzeb Khanzada further said in his analysis that allegations of corruption are not relieving the PPP. There are already very serious allegations of corruption against very important leaders of the party while some important leaders had been or are being rounded up.
The recent meeting of the executive board of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has given permission for beginning of investigations against PPP former minister of communication Arbab Alamgir and his wife Asima Arabab, former education minister of Sindh Pir Mazharul Haq and former minister for excise and taxation Balochistan, Muhammad Amir Umrani.
Shahzeb Khanzada also said in his analysis that the government has described its stance on the reports about the model of gas turbines selected for the Bhakki Power Plant was prepared by American company General Electric three years earlier. It is right that these turbines have not been utilised anywhere but the company has itself put them under trial and was satisfied. This gas turbine will help in the production of cheep electricity.
Speaking in the programme, PPP leader Senator Saeed Ghani said it is necessary to obtain approval of the Sindh Assembly for giving the powers of police to the Rangers. He said Dr Asim’s arrest was not within the powers

Advertisement

of the Rangers, who have been allowed to take actions against the crimes related to terrorism. He asserted that anti-terrorism operation in Karachi should reach its logical end. The institutions should play their role while remaining within the limits of law and the Constitution.
The PPP leader asserted that the Rangers should remain in Sindh, while it is our duty to indicate if they cross the limits of the powers given to them. Saeed Ghani said he had no knowledge whether the statement being propagated relating to Asif Zardari has been issued by him.
Saeed Ghani said the National Accountability Bureau is targeting the PPP. He pointed out that son of Senator Bangash was arrested without any reason, Qasim Zia was arrested, Ali Nawaz Shah was indicted in a false case, and there were inquiries against activists of PPP.
Saeed Ghani said action should be taken against anybody from PPP if any wrong done but the party should not be the target. There should not be the attempt to prove that all others except PPP are angles. Saeed Ghani said why the NAB is not waking up over running the world’s costliest Metro in Pakistan. Why the NAB is not questioning the production of the world’s costliest electricity in Nandipur power plant. He alleged that the NAB takes no action on the affairs of the Punjab government.
Najam Sethi, chairman executive board of Pakistan Cricket Board said nine countries had entered into the agreement and had signed an MoU. Speaking in the program, Najam Sethi said, “Zaka Ashraf had indulged in such dirty politics there that it left Pakistan isolated and they did not need us at all.” Similarly when I went to ICC they also did not need Pakistan,” he said. Sethi said when the Indian team did not come to Pakistan in 2012, Zaka Ashraf sent Pakistan cricket team to India and India earned all the money from the series.
Najam Sethi said Ten Sports has committed payment of Rs1 billion for two home series. There could also payment of Rs1.5 billion for the remaining two series. “In case this series occurs then we will achieve the target. We handled far worse situation in ICC, when we were heading it also had a seat in the executive committee,” Najam Sethi said and added India had clearly said in the agreement that they will play the series if the government allowed it. “We cannot make any financial claim on this. Zaka Ashraf had also not asked for any money in 2012 when the Indian cricket team did no come to Pakistan,” Najam Sethi said and added the BCCI had invited us for talks and it were the words of Shashanik Manohar that they will not let Pakistan suffer any loss.
Indian government is the hindrance in Pak-India cricket, while the Indian Cricket Board is like a prisoner. The Indian Cricket Series has become an issue between BCCI and the Indian government but, “I hope they will settle their issue,” he said.Najam Sethi said the BCCI has not ended contact with PCB. It is still ready for talks with us, which means we can continue to talk.


Advertisement