The bodies of three elderly people, including a woman, were found in different parts of the city on Thursday. According to the Mobina Town police, an elderly man was found dead on the rooftop of a...
The bodies of three elderly people, including a woman, were found in different parts of the city on Thursday. According to the Mobina Town police, an elderly man was found dead on the rooftop of a residential building on University Road.
As the police were called in, they moved the body to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) for an autopsy. The deceased person was identified as 75-year-old Malik Naveed, son of Malik Sadiq.
According to SHO Iftikhar Ahmed, the man was stabbed to death by unidentified persons and a dagger was seized from the scene which could possibly be the murder weapon. The man was living with his family in an apartment of the building, he said. A case has been registered and an investigation is underway
The second body was found near Hub River Road. According to the Mochko police, the body was moved to the Civil Hospital Karachi for medico-legal formalities. The deceased woman was identified as 75-year-old Faram Jan, wife of Afzal. The police said she was resident of Baldia Town and mentally unstable.
According to SHO Muhammad Waseem, the woman had gone missing since December 2019 and a complaint had been registered at the Baldia Town police station in this regard. The police said the body was a few days old and the cause of the death was yet to be ascertained.
Meanwhile, another elderly man, identified as 74-year-old Muhammad Saeed, was found dead in Ilyas Goth. According to the Ibrahim Hyderi police, the body was taken to the JPMC for an autopsy. The police said the body was found at the man’s home where he used to live alone. The police are waiting for his post-mortem report to ascertain the cause of the death.
A fire broke out at a private bank branch in the Korangi area on Thursday. According to a fire brigade spokesperson, the blaze started in the bank located in Sector 33A in Korangi No. 2. Responding to information, one fire tender reached the branch and extinguished the fire. Luckily, no casualties were reported. The spokesperson said the fire broke out in an electric panel apparently due to a short circuit.