Modern call centre opened at Madadgar 15 airport office

By Our Correspondent
June 23, 2024
DIG Imran Yaqoob (C) cuts a ribbon to inaugurate the Madadgar 15 call centre on June 22, 2024. — Facebook/Karachi Police - KPO

Madadgar 15 DIG Imran Yaqoob inaugurated a call centre with modern technology and experienced staff at the airport office on Saturday, along with a dining room for the staff and a changing room for the female staff.

Advertisement

Officials said the Madadgar 15 SSP, the Admin DSP, and other police officers and dignitaries were present on the occasion.

DIG Yaqoob stressed on the need to take steps to deploy the 15 police along modern lines and ensure timely action on public calls regarding crimes in the shortest possible time so that the lives and properties of people can be protected by all possible means.

He congratulated Head Constable Zulfiqar and his team of the Madadgar 15 Gulshan-e-Maymar Unit for arresting three suspects red-handed and recovering weapons during a police encounter on June 20.

Complaint cell

The May and June data of the complaints received on the electronic complaint cell prepared by the East Range DIG and the action taken on the complaints has been released.

Over the last two months, around 100 complaints were received on the electronic complaint cell. They included complaints about difficulties in the registration of FIRs and non-cooperation of policeman.

They also included incidents of harassment of women in public places, incidents of domestic violence, legal petitions on property disputes and requests to file cases against the encroachment mafia.

Overseas Pakistanis, including those residing in Congo, other African countries, Saudi Arabia, Australia, the US and Germany, also benefited from the electronic complaint cell. Moreover, various people were issued character certificates without visiting a police station.

Women in the East and Malir districts lodged cases online, and arrests were made on their complaints. An ailing mother filed a case against her son for torturing his stepmother over property. A child was rescued from kidnappers, while two missing girls were safely returned to their homes.

Requests received on the complaint cell are processed in just a few minutes. Inter-provincial complaints were also received, and were reported to the police of the province concerned.

The report states that around 90 per cent of the complaints have been decided by East Range DIG Ghulam Azfar Mahesar, and the cases have been resolved, while the remaining 10 per cent cases are to be decided by courts.

The Karachi police’s complaint cell also benefits from the East Zone’s electronic complaint cell.

Advertisement