MQM accuses Haqiqi of harassing workers, families

By our correspondents
|
April 30, 2016

Karachi

The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) alleged on Friday that “terrorists” associated with the Mohajir Qaumi Movement (Haqqiqi) were, in connivance with law enforcement agencies, targeting Muttahida's workers and supporters and also harassing their families in Landhi, Shah Faisal Colony and Lines Area.

Advertisement

In a press conference at the MQM’s Landhi office on Friday evening, MQM MPA Muhammad Hussain, along with Muttahida lawmakers from Landhi, Shah Faisal Colony and Lines Area, claimed houses of unit and sector in-charges of the party were being raided.

He claimed these three areas were being turned into “no-go areas” for Muttahida workers and activists because “Haqiqi terrorists” were making the lives of party workers and supporters miserable and getting workers arrested by framing them in cases.

He claimed that for the past several days, Haqiqi terrorists had been brought in vans of law-enforcement agencies. He said a similar situation had been created in 1992 to crush the MQM but the people had rejected these elements and continued to support Muttahida and Altaf Hussain.

When asked, chairman of MQM Haqiqi, Afaq Ahmed, expressd his surprise and said no violence had been reported in these areas. “If nothing has happened then what are they complaining about?” he said.

Advertisement