Four LeJ men killed in shootout, says SSP Rao Anwaar

By our correspondents
|
April 04, 2016

Karachi

Four alleged terrorists, said to be associated with Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ), were shot dead on Sunday in a shootout involving a team of the Sukhan police.

Advertisement

SSP Malir Rao Anwaar, whose jurisdiction the area falls under, said the raid near Rehri Road was carried out on information given by two of the killed suspects who had been arrested earlier.

“Two of the suspects – Nisar and Arshad – were in our custody and a raid was conducted on the information they provided us. We took them along for the raid and when the shootout erupted, these two were fatally injured,” he said.

“Our team retaliated and managed to shoot and injure Zubair alias Qayyum and Ammar alias Abid. Those two were rushed to the JPMC but were pronounced dead on arrival.”

According to SSP Anwaar, the suspects belonged to LeJ’s Naeem Bukhari group and were involved in attacks on police, paramilitary soldiers, members of the Shia community, as well as doctors.

During a search of the hideout, police recovered three snatched official SMGs, two TT pistols, three hand grenades, 25kg of explosive materials, and a motorbike.

Advertisement