Dengue fever outbreak hits Rawalpindi
Rawalpindi The allied hospitals in town have tested another 20 patients positive for dengue fever in last 48 hours taking total number of confirmed patients of the infection so far reported from town to 79. The continuous rise in number of dengue fever patients from town confirms that a severe
By Muhammad Qasim
September 03, 2015
Rawalpindi
The allied hospitals in town have tested another 20 patients positive for dengue fever in last 48 hours taking total number of confirmed patients of the infection so far reported from town to 79.
The continuous rise in number of dengue fever patients from town confirms that a severe outbreak of the infection has hit population in the district and the concerned authorities have failed in checking spread of the infection.
As many as 12 patients have been tested positive for dengue fever at Benazir Bhutto Hospital, while Holy Family Hospital tested eight more patients positive for the infection in last two days.
It is important that result in 11 probable cases of dengue fever is being awaited at the allied hospitals.
A total of 43 patients have been confirmed positive for dengue fever through NS1 test at the HFH so far while the hospital has yet to receive result in nine probable cases of the infection, said Medical Superintendent at HFH Dr. Arshad Ali Sabir while talking to ‘The News’ on Wednesday.
He added that at present, as many as 36 patients are undergoing treatment at the HFH. We have notified the district health department and provincial government of the current situation regarding number of patients of the infection and their areas of residence through a computerized network, he said while responding to a query.
He said the incidence of dengue fever among population in town is on the rise and the situation is alarming as the outbreak hit population much early as compared to the outbreaks of the infection occurred in past.
It is important that last year, the total number of confirmed patients of dengue fever was five till September 5, 2014.
The data collected by ‘The News’ has revealed that confirmation of 12 more patients positive for dengue fever at the BBH in last 48 hours took the total number of positive cases of infection to 30 at the hospital while the BBH is waiting for result of one probable case.
On Wednesday, as many as 14 patients including confirmed and suspected cases were undergoing treatment at the dengue ward of BBH.
The District Headquarters Hospital has so far confirmed six patients of dengue fever while result in one case is being awaited by the hospital, however, a total of seven suspected cases of dengue fever were undergoing treatment at the DHQ Hospital on Wednesday.
To know the reasons behind continuous rise in number of cases of dengue fever and its early spread in the district, ‘The News’ repeatedly tried to contact District Health Officer Dr. Rafiq Ahmed and Executive District Officer (Health) Dr. Nasir Mehmood on Wednesday and left messages on their personal cell phones in this regard but both the officers did not make themselves available for comments.
The allied hospitals in town have tested another 20 patients positive for dengue fever in last 48 hours taking total number of confirmed patients of the infection so far reported from town to 79.
The continuous rise in number of dengue fever patients from town confirms that a severe outbreak of the infection has hit population in the district and the concerned authorities have failed in checking spread of the infection.
As many as 12 patients have been tested positive for dengue fever at Benazir Bhutto Hospital, while Holy Family Hospital tested eight more patients positive for the infection in last two days.
It is important that result in 11 probable cases of dengue fever is being awaited at the allied hospitals.
A total of 43 patients have been confirmed positive for dengue fever through NS1 test at the HFH so far while the hospital has yet to receive result in nine probable cases of the infection, said Medical Superintendent at HFH Dr. Arshad Ali Sabir while talking to ‘The News’ on Wednesday.
He added that at present, as many as 36 patients are undergoing treatment at the HFH. We have notified the district health department and provincial government of the current situation regarding number of patients of the infection and their areas of residence through a computerized network, he said while responding to a query.
He said the incidence of dengue fever among population in town is on the rise and the situation is alarming as the outbreak hit population much early as compared to the outbreaks of the infection occurred in past.
It is important that last year, the total number of confirmed patients of dengue fever was five till September 5, 2014.
The data collected by ‘The News’ has revealed that confirmation of 12 more patients positive for dengue fever at the BBH in last 48 hours took the total number of positive cases of infection to 30 at the hospital while the BBH is waiting for result of one probable case.
On Wednesday, as many as 14 patients including confirmed and suspected cases were undergoing treatment at the dengue ward of BBH.
The District Headquarters Hospital has so far confirmed six patients of dengue fever while result in one case is being awaited by the hospital, however, a total of seven suspected cases of dengue fever were undergoing treatment at the DHQ Hospital on Wednesday.
To know the reasons behind continuous rise in number of cases of dengue fever and its early spread in the district, ‘The News’ repeatedly tried to contact District Health Officer Dr. Rafiq Ahmed and Executive District Officer (Health) Dr. Nasir Mehmood on Wednesday and left messages on their personal cell phones in this regard but both the officers did not make themselves available for comments.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'