General Nasir Janjua may be appointed National Security Adviser
ISLAMABAD: Lt Gen (retd) Nasir Janjua is most likely to replace Sartaj Aziz as the new National Security Adviser (NSA).A source close to the prime minister told The News that a decision had been made in principle to appoint General Janjua as the new National Security Adviser.“If nothing dramatic happens,
By our correspondents
October 17, 2015
ISLAMABAD: Lt Gen (retd) Nasir Janjua is most likely to replace Sartaj Aziz as the new National Security Adviser (NSA).
A source close to the prime minister told The News that a decision had been made in principle to appoint General Janjua as the new National Security Adviser.“If nothing dramatic happens, General Janjua will be the next National Security Adviser, among other matters, enabling Sartaj Aziz to focus more on the foreign affairs front,” the source claimed.
Sartaj Aziz holds the twin charge of adviser to the prime minister on national security as well as on foreign affairs.It is pertinent that General Janjua had a meeting with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on October 14, during which his role in stabilisation of Balochistan was highly commended as the former commander of the Southern Command.
A source close to the prime minister told The News that a decision had been made in principle to appoint General Janjua as the new National Security Adviser.“If nothing dramatic happens, General Janjua will be the next National Security Adviser, among other matters, enabling Sartaj Aziz to focus more on the foreign affairs front,” the source claimed.
Sartaj Aziz holds the twin charge of adviser to the prime minister on national security as well as on foreign affairs.It is pertinent that General Janjua had a meeting with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on October 14, during which his role in stabilisation of Balochistan was highly commended as the former commander of the Southern Command.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'