Scotland Yard clears suspect in Imran Farooq murder
LONDON: The Scotland Yard on Tuesday cleared a 31-year-old suspect, arrested last year in August from Waltham Forest area of the metropolis in connection with the murder of MQM leader Dr Imran Farooq.
The suspect, identified as Zohaib Jaffery, is a British national of Pakistani origin and was reportedly arrested on August 27, 2014. The counter-terrorism unit of the Scotland Yard
By TICKER
May 18, 2015
LONDON: The Scotland Yard on Tuesday cleared a 31-year-old suspect, arrested last year in August from Waltham Forest area of the metropolis in connection with the murder of MQM leader Dr Imran Farooq.
The suspect, identified as Zohaib Jaffery, is a British national of Pakistani origin and was reportedly arrested on August 27, 2014. The counter-terrorism unit of the Scotland Yard had interrogated him.
Jaffery’s bail was extended till May last month.
Sources told Geo News that the London police have told Zohaib Jaffery that he was no longer required to appear before Southwark crown court next week.
Jaffery is purportedly a worker of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) and has worked with APMSO – MQM’s student wing.
Police have confirmed that Jaffery’s seized belongings will be returned to him this week and he will no longer be interrogated in the case.
Farooq, 50, a founding member of the MQM, was stabbed and beaten to death in Edgware, northwest London, as he returned home from work on September 16, 2010.
The suspect, identified as Zohaib Jaffery, is a British national of Pakistani origin and was reportedly arrested on August 27, 2014. The counter-terrorism unit of the Scotland Yard had interrogated him.
Jaffery’s bail was extended till May last month.
Sources told Geo News that the London police have told Zohaib Jaffery that he was no longer required to appear before Southwark crown court next week.
Jaffery is purportedly a worker of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) and has worked with APMSO – MQM’s student wing.
Police have confirmed that Jaffery’s seized belongings will be returned to him this week and he will no longer be interrogated in the case.
Farooq, 50, a founding member of the MQM, was stabbed and beaten to death in Edgware, northwest London, as he returned home from work on September 16, 2010.
-
Security forces gun down 30 terrorists in multiple IBOs in KP: ISPR
-
MQM-P calls for new province in Sindh
-
US report validates Pakistan military edge over India: PM
-
Banned TTP poses serious threat to Pakistan security: UNSC panel
-
CM Afridi clarifies remarks on by-poll after ECP requests army deployment
-
Dubai sees 3.2m Pakistani passengers in 2025 as airport sets new milestone
-
Security forces kill 23 Indian proxy terrorists in KP's Kurram
-
Pakistan to construct island to boost oil exploration: report