Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee dishes out tips to help you find a true balance, much needed amid the chaos of daily life
1. Proper diet and exercise are excellent ways of maintaining health without medication.
2. You are what you eat, so be careful with your food choices. Readily available junk food should be avoided by all age groups.
3. Weather influences moods. Good weather puts you in a good mood, just as foul weather leaves you in a bad mood. Some people are under the weather, those whose moods are influenced by the weather, and some are weather-beaten, taking all types of weather in their stride.
4. Pursue your interests as achievement in them will keep you happy. Parents, don’t pressure your children. Let them take their own path, and pursue what they excel at naturally.
5. A routine in life is a good way to spend a day-to-day life.
6. Good clothes give you a good position.
7. Keep clean as cleanliness is next to godliness.
8. Follow Quaid’s guidelines; unity, faith, discipline, and keep faith in God – this will steer you clear of all troubles.
9. Do a good deed every day.
10. Charity is a good way of warding off evils.
11. Be sincere in what you do, and don’t forget your values.
12. For every offence you commit, remember you are answerable to your fellow human beings as well as God; so, tread the righteous path.
Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee is a writer and a poet