Pakistani artists have worked across the border on a myriad of platforms for a long time. From streaming content to featuring in films to enjoying a huge fan following in music, television and cinema, the cross-border following remains high even as a ban was placed on Pakistani artists from working in India in 2016. With the Indian courts lifting the ban, a great deal of fans on both sides are excited and wondering when they will see and hear their favorite acts without impunity and criticism. However, can you remember cross-border collaborations from music to cinema?
1. From the following music acts, which one has featured Indian actors Sanjay Dutt and John Abraham in at least two of its music videos?
A) Mekaal Hasan Band
D) Ali Azmat
2. From the following names, which actor has not worked in any Hindi film?
A) Mahira Khan
B) Saba Qamar
C) Javaid Sheikh
D) Imran Abbas
E) None of the above
3. From the following names, which actor has won a Filmfare award for their debut Hindi film?
B) Meesha Shafi
C) Fawad Khan
D) None of the above
4. How many artists from the following names have not sung for a Bollywood film?
A) Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
B) Atif Aslam
C) Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan
D) None of the above
E) All of the above
1. B) Disbanded after 33 years, Strings, featured John Abraham and Sanjay Dutt in the music video of ‘Zinda’, ‘Akhri Alvida’ and ‘Koi Aanay Wala Hai’ in its heydays.
2. E) This question is obviously rigged because all of the artists mentioned have worked in Hindi films. Mahira Khan made her debut with Shah Rukh Khan in Raees; Saba Qamar made a significant mark with Hindi Medium; Jawed Sheikh has worked in several Hindi films with the likes of Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor and many more with Imran Abbas having made his debut in Hindi cinema with Vikram Bhatt’s Creature 3D.
3. C) Fawad Khan picked up a Filmfare award for Best Male Debut after his first Hindi film, Khoobsurat, in 2014.
4. E) In a way, this question is technically rigged because all of the artists mentioned have contributed as playback singers for a variety of Hindi films. Making a significant mark as playback singers, RFAK has sung the most number of songs, followed by Atif Aslam with Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan firmly perched at the third position.