Rs16bn money-laundering case: Shehbaz Sharif, Hamza Shahbaz summoned for indictment on May 14
LAHORE: The special court central Wednesday summoned Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and his son Punjab Minister-elect Hamza Shehbaz for their indictment in Rs16 billion money laundering case on May 14.
The court also extended interim bail of Shehbaz Sharif and his son Hamza Shehbaz till May 14. The indictment of the accused was due, but it could not be carried out on Wednesday. As the hearing commenced, Amjad Parvez, associate counsel for Shehbaz Sharif, moved an application before the court seeking one-time exemption of his client from personal appearance before the court. The counsel, in the exemption petition, said: “Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif was scheduled to chair a meeting of the cabinet committee in Islamabad on important matters of public interest. Therefore, he was unable to appear before the court.” He said he would argue the matter on the next hearing.
The judge responded that “either you will advance arguments on the next date or the charge will be framed on next hearing. There is a chance the case would be delayed for many hearing, the judge showed his dismay.
The counsel said that Shehbaz would appear before the court. He said that the main counsel Azam Nazir Tarar had been appointed as federal law minister and a new counsel would also be appointed by his client.
Meanwhile, the new FIA investigation officer (IO) of the case Nadeem Akhtar informed the court that previous investigation officer of the case Ali Mardan has been transferred to FIA Sindh. The IO said the case had been handed over to him on Tuesday night and he required time to go through it.
Meanwhile, Hamza Shehbaz appeared before the court and marked his attendance. The court, after hearing the parties, extended interim bail of Shahbaz Sharif and Hamza Shehbaz by May 14.
-
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media