SHC dismisses bail application in robbery and murder case
KARACHI: The Sindh High Court (SHC) has recently dismissed bail application of a man in a robbery and murder case.
The applicant, Sharif, had filed for post-arrest bail in a robbery and murder case registered against him and others in the SITE superhighway police station.
According to the prosecution, the applicant along with co-accused Ali Nawaz, Asif and three unidentified men committed a robbery, during which Asif committed the murder of Dr Zainul Abdeen on October 29, 2021.
The applicant’s counsel submitted that he was innocent and had nothing to do with the alleged offence. He submitted that he had been falsely implicated in this case by the complainant with mala fide intention.
The lawyer submitted that there was a delay of five days in the registration of an FIR for which no plausible explanation had been furnished by the complainant, and there was no independent witness of the alleged incident.
The counsel argued that neither had Sharif taken part in the robbery nor did he fire at the deceased and the only allegation against him was that he stopped the vehicle of the deceased.
The lawyer told the SHC that his client was confined in the prison since November 6, 2021, and was entitled to get bail.
A deputy prosecutor general submitted that the applicant was involved in a heinous offence as he was nominated in the FIR with the specific allegation of helping the co-accused commit the robbery.
He submitted that the delay in lodging of FIR had satisfactorily been explained by the complainant and sufficient evidence was available with the prosecution to connect the applicant with the commission of the alleged offence.
-
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final