OKARA City News
Action against kiln owners condemned
From Our Correspondent
OKARA: Brick Kiln Owners Association district president Sheikh Salman Azhar has condemned action against the kiln owners under the Prohibition of Child Labour at Brick Kilns Ordinance 2016.
Addressing a press conference at the press club here on Tuesday, he said that it was not the responsibility of the kiln owners to provide education to the workers’ children. He said that the kiln workers did not have CNICs. He said that they also did not have birth certificates of their children as they were not registered in union councils. He said that the kiln workers did not send their children to schools due to financial constraints. He said that there were many instances when police arrested children playing around the kilns, assuming them as labourers.
He said that police booked Haji Abbas Rehmani, a brick kiln owner, and a manager for putting two children Faisal Ayub, 5, Wasim Akram, 8, on labour whereas the reality was that the owner had established a non-formal school on a land beside the kiln, which was registered with the Literacy Wing of the Education Department. He said that presence of the two children had been marked in the school register. He said that he had got 24 girls and 32 boys admitted to different government schools. He said that the lists of the admitted children had been provided by the school heads the Renala Khurd assistant commissioner.
-
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song?