Tikko offers help to resolve football dispute
KARACHI: An influential football stakeholder and former secretary of Balochistan Football Association (BFA) Haji Saeed Tikko on Thursday said that he is ready to play his role in the resolution of football dispute in the country.
“Yes, I am ready to offer my services to Normalisation Committee. I don’t think the issue will be resolved so easily. There is a need to bring NC and Amir Dogar group to the negotiating table and I am ready to play my role for that,” Tikko told ‘The News’ in a detailed interaction from Balochistan.
Tikko raised his voice for the resolution of the dispute by holding a news conference in Lahore some time ago, demanding the handover of the Football House to NC.
A month ago the IPC minister Dr Fehmida Mirza announced in a news conference in Islamabad that Punjab government would hand over the PFF headquarters to NC within two weeks but so far no breakthrough has been made.
“Amir Dogar is a key actor of football and he belongs to the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf. It is important for NC to talk to him. I have already told NC about this and am ready to play a role if NC agrees,” Tikko said.
“Dr Fehmida announced that the PFF headquarters would be handed over to NC but she did not pursue the matter. She should keep her promise and put pressure on Punjab government,” Tikko said.
This correspondent knows that there remains a disagreement over one point between NC and Punjab government. It has been learnt that NC would again contact the federal government in this respect.
Tikko demanded that Prime Minister Imran Khan play his role in the resolution of the dispute.
“It was expected that he would do something for sports promotion as he has been a sportsman himself, but on the contrary departmental teams are being abolished which will kill the entire sports system. The Football House was occupied in his government and other sports disputes surfaced,” Tikko said.
He appreciated FIFA's role. “FIFA deserves appreciation as it gave a lot of time to our football stakeholders. FIFA is still eager to resolve the issue and it is obligatory on our part to put our own house in order so that our footballers could return to action and start earning bread and butter for their families,” Tikko said.
He said that NC also needs to show some flexibility.
Amir Dogar-Ashfaq group occupied the PFF headquarters in late March last year which led FIFA to suspend Pakistan in the first week of April.
In the first week of November 2021, Punjab government sealed the PFF House citing lease issues.
-
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final