PHC issues notices to DC, Bait-ul-Mal chief
Non-compliance
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Monday issued a show-cause notice to deputy commissioner of the Hangu district over non-compliance with the court orders. The official was asked to appear in person and explain as to why the court’s orders about compensation payment to a citizen for damage to his property in the sectarian violence were not complied with.
A two-member bench comprising Justice Irshad Qaiser and Justice Musarrat Hilali issued the show-cause notice to the deputy commissioner of Hangu. The bench was hearing a contempt of court petition filed by a citizen from Hangu district. He had sought implementation of the court’s decision about his property which had been damaged during sectarian violence.
During hearing, the petitioner’s lawyer Khalid Tanveer Rohaila told the bench that his client Shaukat Hussain owned two shops and a house, which were set on fire during sectarian clashes in Hangu in 2009 for which he had claimed compensation.
The lawyer said the deputy commissioner of Hangu after the incident estimated the damage to the three structures at around Rs4 million. He sent a summary to the provincial government for payment of the compensation. However, the amount was not released.
He said during hearing of this case, the provincial government as per the court’s direction evolved a compensation policy for the property damaged in sectarian and terrorism-related incidents. He said as per the policy Rs3,00,000 are paid for a completely damaged house.
The petitioner’s claimed millions of rupees loss in the sectarian violence and the government only offered Rs3,00,000. The lawyer told the court that his client had become mentally ill after his all property was damaged in the sectarian clashes in Hangu.
The same bench also issued a contempt of court notice to chairman Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal for not complying with the court’s orders for not issuing compensation amount to the same petitioner’s damaged property.
The lawyer submitted that the petitioner Shaukat Hussain had given a house to the Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal on rent in Hangu city, which was later completely damaged in the terrorist attack. He said the petitioner then claimed compensation for his damaged property, but the authorities concerned did not release any amount.
The lawyer said the high court issued directives to the secretary and chairman of Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal to release compensation amount to the petitioner for his damaged property as per the government policy. He said that despite the court’s directives, the compensation amount was not released. After hearing arguments, the court issued contempt of court notice to chairman Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal and fixed February 23 for next hearing.
-
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis