IHC issues notice to NAB for not probing Musharraf’s assets
The IHC issued notice to NAB chairman and adjourned the hearing till February 14
ISLAMABAD: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Monday issued a notice in contempt of court petition against the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) chairman for not investigating the assets of former president General (R) Pervez Musharraf and sought a report from anti-graft watchdog on the matter.
A division bench of the Islamabad High Court comprising Chief Justice Athar Minallah and Justice Sardar Ijaz Ishaq heard a contemptof court petition against the NAB chairman for not investigating the assets of former President General (R) Pervez Musharraf.
During the hearing, Lt Col (R) Inamur Rahiem, counsel for the petitioner, said that the same court had ruled that Pervez Musharraf had been a public office holder and NAB could investigate the matter.
The IHC chief justice remarked if this court decision was challenged anywhere. To which the lawyer replied that the decision was not challenged and had now been finalised. He also provided evidence to NAB but no action had been taken yet.
According to records in the Election Commission, only one account of former president Pervez Musharraf was worth $20 million. The IHC issued notice to NAB chairman and adjourned the hearing till February 14.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'