NA session again falls prey to lack of quorum: Opposition refuses to debate Sialkot lynching case in absence of interior minister
ISLAMABAD: The opposition in the National Assembly refused to hold debate on the Sialkot tragedy in the House amid lack of quorum and in the absence of the interior minister on Friday.
The opposition also forced adjournment of proceedings till Monday due to lack of quorum. Adviser to the Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs Babar Awan asked for suspending order o f the day so that the parliamentarians could hold a debate on situation arising out of killing of Sri Lankan factory manager by mob in Sialkot. The motion was adopted by the House.
Taking the floor, the PMLN parliamentarian Ahsan Iqbal said there would be no use of debate in the absence of the interior minister, who should give a policy statement on the Sialkot incident.
“This House is not a debating society or high school where they should participate in debate competition," he said. Moreover, he added, the information minister, who speaks on government's narratives, and law minister, who should talk about the issue, are also not present in the House. He said the Sialkot incident blotted the image of Islam and Pakistan.
Earlier, Babar Awan said the culprits involved in killing of Sri Lankan manager had been arrested while investigation was under process. He said the Police would submit challan at the earliest and the court would take ahead the case as per law.
Babar Awan, however, added that two houses should work on legislation to make criminal laws more effective to deal with cases like Sialkot, Army Public School, Zainab and Noor Muqadam cases.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest