PHC dismisses bail pleas of two 19-grade officials
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Wednesday dismissed bail petitions of two serving 19-grade District Management Group officers, allegedly involved in the misuse of authority and embezzlement of funds.
A two-member bench comprising Chief Justice Mazhar Alam Miankhel and Justice Qaiser Rashid dismissed the bail petitions of Additional Secretary Planning and Development Dr Amber Ali BPS-19, Director General Independent Monitoring Unit Zulfiqar Khan and that of Azhar Jalil, working in the DC office of Mansehra.
Counsels for the petitioners submitted before the bench that the NAB act to arrest the petitioner was illegal as they had been declared cleared of the charges of misuse of authority in the inquiry conducted by commissioner Hazara.
They said that the NAB had taken action against the petitioners on the behest of PML-N leader Muhammad Safdar, the son -in-law of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.The lawyers also said that the petitioners’ officers had played their role of signing authority as the schemes and allocation of funds had been approved by the prime minister for the NA-21.
The NAB Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on November 3 had arrested nine officials, including two serving 19-grade District Management Group officers, for their alleged involvement in the misuse of authority and embezzlement of funds.
The NAB prosecutor informed the court that 19 contractors had made plea bargain with the NAB in the case after their arrest and two contractors including Abdul Mastafa and Altaf Hussain had also became approver in the case.
He said that as per the statement of the approvers in the court, the officials have got 43 percent as commission from them of the paid money for the schemes. Furthermore, he said, the advertisement for the bids of the schemes was also a fake one as it was revealed in the NAB inquiry that in the original newspaper there was no such advertisement. He said that the officials also identified fake schemes, which did not exist during the inquiry.
-
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony -
King Charles In Hot Water After Andrew Arrest: ‘Step Down!’ -
Space-based Solar Power Could Push The World Beyond Net Zero: Here’s How -
Kate Walsh Remembers Her 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane Following His Death At 53