Nadra offices in Mardan closed over security concerns
Our correspondent
MARDAN: The offices of the National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra) in the district remained closed due to security reasons on Tuesday, officials said.
The guards standing outside the Nadra offices in various parts of Mardan district told the visitors that the Nadra offices had been closed due to security reasons.A large number of people including elderly persons and women faced problems owing to the closure of the Nadra offices.
This correspondent visited the Nadra office on the Charsadda Road, but was told by the security guard that it had been closed.However, District Police Officer (DPO) Faisal Shahzad, when contacted, said he had not issued any directive to the Nadra to close its offices. He maintained that Nadra can open its offices. “The Nadra officials have closed down the offices in the district on their own accord,” the DPO clarified.
This correspondent made several attempts to reach Deputy Director Nadra Qaiser Khan Khattak, on his cellphone, but to no avail. A text massage was also sent to him, but he didn’t respond.
It has been learnt that Nadra is looking for another place in Mardan city where it could shift its offices. Meanwhile, the police have announced Rs1 million as reward for the person giving information about the mastermind of the suicide attack on the Nadra office in Mardan 14 days ago.
The police displayed banners outside the main Nadra office in Dowsaro Chowk, announcing the reward and asking the general public to provide information about the perpetrator of the suicide attack.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest