For doing politics, Maryam says she, Nawaz are enough
LAHORE: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PMLN) Vice President Maryam Nawaz on Wednesday said that "Nawaz Sharif and I are enough in politics", and if someone wanted a [political] fight, he was welcomed.
She said that senior PMLN leader and former Sindh governor Muhammad Zubair had been "receiving threats for a while".
Maryam, in an informal conversation with the media, referred to an objectionable video that allegedly featured Zubair, saying that “the matter is between Zubair and the Almighty and only they know what the reality is”. Despite all the controversies, “Zubair will remain my spokesperson”, Maryam added.
She did not elaborate any further about the nature of the threats received by Zubair. Maryam also met PMLN President Shehbaz Sharif, following a press conference held by the opposition leader.
“You have been internationally declared Sadiq (honest) and Amin (trustworthy),” remarked Maryam, referring to orders issued by a UK court for the restoration of the bank accounts of Shehbaz and his family.
Commenting on former accountability judge Arshad Malik’s video and audio clip that the PMLN vice president had released in 2019 — alleging that Malik was confessing that he convicted Nawaz Sharif of corruption charges under "duress" — she said that she “doesn’t have anyone’s private video”.
“The video of Judge Arshad Malik made by Nasir Butt was a national level matter,” said Maryam. Moreover, while speaking about the Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Farrukh Habib’s comments on the extension of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) chairman’s tenure, Maryam said that “the constitution doesn’t say anything” about the matter.
“The party would be better positioned to comment on the matter of NAB chairman’s extension,” said Maryam. Earlier this week, Habib had said that Shehbaz Sharif should step down voluntarily as the Opposition leader to fulfil the constitutional requirement for consultation with the Opposition leader. He said in the current circumstances it is virtually impossible to consult with Shehbaz since he is facing cases of alleged corruption, owning assets beyond means and the unlawful exercise of his powers as chief minister of Punjab.
The PMLN vice president also responded to a question on whether her son, Junaid Safdar, is expected to join politics. “No decision has yet been made regarding this,” she said. A leaked video allegedly showing Zubair did the rounds on social media a few days ago.
Reacting to the video, Zubair termed it “an extremely poor and shameful act” and called the explicit clip showing him “fake and doctored”. The video was shared on different social media platforms and WhatsApp groups and the man in it was said to be the former Sindh governor.
-
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony -
King Charles In Hot Water After Andrew Arrest: ‘Step Down!’ -
Space-based Solar Power Could Push The World Beyond Net Zero: Here’s How -
Kate Walsh Remembers Her 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane Following His Death At 53 -
AI Ad Wars Begin As Perplexity Snubs ChatGPT Advertising -
Microsoft Copilot Bug Exposes Confidential Emails To AI -
Eric Dane Final Emotional Words Revealed After Tragic Death -
Prince William 'furious' Regarding His Own Future After Andrew Arrest -
Charli XCX Reveals ‘confusing’ Toll ‘Brat’ Popularity Took On Her -
Android Phones At Risk: PromptSpy Malware Exploits AI -
Barry Manilow Gives Insight Into 'very Depressing' Doctor Visit As He Postpones 2026 Arena Tour Due To Cancer -
Margot Robbie Opens Up About Imposter Syndrome ‘crisis’ -
'Desperate' Sarah Ferguson Won't Go Down Without A Fight