FIA has closed inquiry into NICVD affairs as NAB has taken up the case, SHC told
The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has closed an inquiry with regard to alleged corruption, misuse of funds, illegal appointments, out-of-turn promotions and award of tenders to self-selected vendors in the National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases (NICVD) as the matter has already been taken up by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), an FIA official told the Sindh High Court (SHC) on Thursday.
Filing a statement before the SHC on a petition of the NICVD against the FIA inquiry, an FIA inspector submitted that the NAB additional director had confirmed that the bureau was conducting an inquiry against officials of the NICVD on the allegations of misuse of authority and corruption.
The FIA inspector submitted that since the matter was already being taken up by NAB, the necessary record of the NICVD was already available with them and so the FIA had decided to close its inquiry after obtaining necessary approval from the competent authority.
A division bench of the SHC headed by Justice Mohammad Karim Khan Agha after taking the statement of the FIAofficial on record disposed of the petition as the instant petition had served its purpose.
It is pertinent to mention that NIVCD officials have been facing a NAB inquiry into alleged illegal appointments and misuse of authority. NAB had earlier informed the court that the NICVD from 2014 to 2020 had received up to Rs32 billion from the Sindh government but was still in debt of approximately Rs7 billion. A NAB investigator submitted that Rs15 billion had been paid to officials of the NICVD, including doctors and officials on a contract basis, and daily wagers during 2014 to 2020, which is above 50 per cent of the total grant received from the Sindh government and the percentage of such expenses kept rising higher and higher every year while the expenditure on treatment of patients kept decreasing every year.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest