55 illegal structures, 360 walls demolished in Abbottabad
ABBOTTABAD: About 55 illegal structures, 12 culverts and 360 walls were demolished during a drive against the illegal structure here on Thursday.
The operation was launched on the directive of Commissioner, Hazara Division, Riaz Khan Mehsud. “We are committed to removing all the illegal structures.
All illegal structures creating hurdles to the smooth flow of rain water will be removed,” the commissioner told reporters.
He said that the operation had been launched after talking the political leadership into confidence. “We will restore the grandeur of Abbottabad and all the illegal structures in the Cantonment Board will be removed,” he added.
He said that a comprehensive plan had been devised in the wake of the flood devastation a few days back.
The commissioner said that illegal hotels and more than 6000 kiosks have been removed in Kaghan valley. “These steps of the government will promote tourism and boost economic activities in Hazara Division,” he added.
The operation, which was started after the unprecedented rain on July 11. The rain water had damaged the residential colonies around the Jab Nullah.
The Cantonment Board had blamed National Highway Authority for not completing drains on Mansehra road on time while the NHA authorities said it was due to ill-planned sewerage system in the city.
-
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song?