Shah Mehmood Qureshi reaches China for talks
CHENGDU, China: Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi Friday arrived here on a two-day official visit.
Upon arrival at the Chengdu airport, Qureshi, who is visiting China on the invitation of his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi, was received by senior officials of the foreign ministry. The foreign minister will lead Pakistan’s delegation in bilateral talks in which matters relating to bilateral relations, cooperation in diverse areas, progress on China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) projects, availability of coronavirus vaccine, counter-terrorism, promotion of cooperation in the fields of defence and security, and issues of mutual interest, including the regional situation, will be discussed. Qureshi and his Chinese counterpart will also hold a joint press conference after delegation-level talks.
He will also hold meetings with important personalities, including Foreign Minister Wang Yi. Earlier, in a video statement, Qureshi said his visit had special importance in further strengthening successful diplomatic relations between Pakistan and China 70 established years back and promoting high level contacts.
Before leaving for Beijing, Qureshi in a video statement said the Pak-China friendship had entered the seventh decade and was emerging as a strong strategic partnership. The foreign minister said bilateral strategic agenda would be discussed in his meeting with the Chinese counterpart.
He said the two sides would also exchange views on the situation in Afghanistan and the region. Qureshi said a detailed meeting would be held on the progress made so far on the projects related to China-Pakistan Economic Corridor and its future strategy. The foreign minister expressed confidence that his visit to China would further strengthen bilateral fraternal relations between the two countries.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest