Chinese company challenges govt decision: LHC links fate of tendering process to final verdict
LAHORE: The Lahore High Court (LHC) has linked the fate of a tendering process regarding design, manufacturing and supply of transmission lines of 500-kV for evacuation of power from K2/K3 nuclear power plants with the final decision of a petition by a Chinese firm.
Justice Ayesha A Malik passed the order on a petition M/s Sichuan Yiben Global Group, an entity, owned by the government of Republic of China.
Barrister Husnain Ali Chaudhry, the counsel for the company, pleaded that the tender was primarily awarded to the petitioner-company, but later on it was awarded to a French company namely M/s Sediver SAS.
He said the petitioner, being the highest bidder and having qualified the technical and financial bids, was entitled to the award of contract. However, he said, without following due process of law, the petitioner was informed through the impugned notification that the contract would be awarded to the respondent French company.
The counsel argued that the petitioner was declared the highest bidder and all the formalities had been completed as per the requirements and to the satisfaction of the Ministry of Power Division and the NTDC. Therefore, he said, there was no reason to recall the award of the contract in favour of the petitioner.
He further argued that on account of favouritism and with misuse of authority, the tender was revoked from the petitioner and was given to the French concern, which was Rs530 million higher in value, thus causing immense loss to the public exchequer.
The counsel asked the court to set aside the impugned notification being illegal and direct the respondents to reinstate the initial approval of award granted to the petitioner.
Justice Malik issued notices to the respondents for their replies by Sept 17.
“In the meantime, any decision taken with reference to the issuance of award in favour of respondent No 7 is subject to the final outcome of thE petition,” the judge said.
-
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis