close
Wednesday December 08, 2021

Woman gives birth to baby boy shortly after husband ‘dies of electrocution’

July 17, 2021

A woman gave birth to a baby boy shortly after her 25-year-old husband apparently died of electrocution in the Hussainabad Food Street in Karachi on Friday.

Police said the tragic incident took place when Raheel, a shopkeeper, was on his way to a hospital in Karimabad to visit his wife after finishing the day’s work at his shop.

They said he was on a motorcycle when he was electrocuted in the Hussainabad Food Street within the limits of the Azizabad police station.

Though witnesses claimed that the man died of electrocution; the police said they did not find any proper evidence that could confirm that electrocution was to blame for his death.

According to Azizabad SHO Farrukh Hashmi, it is yet to be ascertained whether the victim died of electrocution or he died after falling off the motorcycle.

He said the management of the power supply company, K-Electric, was called after the accident; however, the management said the pole was not owned by the company but belonged to the town.

The grieving family said they would approach the police for the registration of a case after the funeral prayers and burial.