Wrong statement in court: SC seeks record of LHC proceedings against SP
LAHORE: The Supreme Court (SC) Thursday summoned record of the proceedings pending before the Lahore High Court (LHC) against SP Operations Sadar Sardar Hafeezur Rehman Bugti for giving a wrong statement in a matter relating to police occupation of a citizen’s property.
A two-judge bench comprising Justice Sajjad Ali Shah and Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah was hearing a petition of Bugti at the Lahore registry. The police officer challenged the show-cause notice issued by LHC Chief Justice Muhammad Qasim Khan.
A counsel for the officer told the bench that the petitioner did not make any wrong statement before the LHC. He said the LHC had been misled through wrong facts against the police officer. He asked the bench to set aside the proceedings against the SP before the LHC.
The bench adjourned further hearing till Friday (today) and summoned record of the case from the high court.
Meanwhile, Chief Justice Khan adjourned the hearing against the SP to wait for a decision by the SC.
The SP’s counsel requested the chief justice to accept the unconditional apology of his client.
However, Justice Khan said that now the SP could get a pardon from the SC. “I have no personal grudge against anyone. The SP told a lie before the court, which I cannot tolerate,” the chief justice added.
He said the hearing would resume on Friday (today) after a decision by the SC.
A citizen had filed a petition against illegal occupation of his property by the Township police. The petitioner told the court that the police officials visited his home and threatened him.
The SP had claimed that an opinion from the DIG legal had been sought before the police’s visit to the petitioner residence.
However, the DIG told the court that the matter was not related to his office and he had no meeting with the SP.
Previously, Bugti repeatedly tendered unconditional apologies before the court, but the chief justice turned those down.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years