Fire damages Media Cell of Bilawal House
A fire broke out in the Media Cell of the Bilawal House on Friday and caused damage to precious articles and equipment at the property. Personnel of the city’s fire brigade had to strive hard for over an hour to extinguish the blaze. Luckily, no one was hurt.
The fire quickly engulfed the building of the Media Cell and damaged the record room and the press room. The staffers were timely evacuated. A new fire tender, purchased by the federally owned Sindh Infrastructure Development Company Ltd for Karachi, under a special development package of the federal government for the city, also took part in the firefighting operation. Reports said an electric short-circuit was the cause behind the incident.
Sindh Energy Minister Imtiaz Shaikh later visited the affected building, and termed the fire incident sorrowful. He said an investigation would be conducted to properly ascertain the cause of the fire. He also acknowledged the preliminary reports that an electric short-circuit had caused the fire. He said the damage would be ascertained.
Separately, talking to media persons, Governor Imran Ismail appreciated the fact that a modern fire tender purchased by the SIDCL for Karachi had been used to extinguish the fire at the Bilawal House.
He recalled that this was the same SIDCL that had been termed the East India Company a few days back by the chief minister. He said the Sindh government should now fully appreciate the utility of this “East India Company” as it had now timely come to the rescue of the Bilawal House.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'