PTI to win 2023 elections on its performance: Qureshi
MULTAN: Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Sunday said Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) would not only complete its ongoing term but also win the elections in 2023 on the basis of its performance.
Addressing a ceremony organised in his honour here, Qureshi said Prime Minister Imran Khan was taking a number of initiatives for prosperity of the country, however, he would not give an NRO to corrupt elements.
Prime Minister Imran Khan did incessant struggle in politics and broke the hegemonic culture of the two-party system, prevailing in the country for many decades, he remarked. Qureshi said even America and England failed to break the two-party system but the PTI chairman remained committed to his cause and proved it.
Once, there was a time when nobody was ready to take the PTI ticket but Imran Khan continued his political journey and the time has proved later there were huge queues of candidates striving hard to get PTI tickets to contest the general elections 2018. Paying rich tributes to political struggle of PM Imran Khan, Qureshi said Imran Khan laid foundation of the party to bring a real change in the country by curbing menace of corruption. Imran Khan is committed to ending corruption and holding mafias accountable, Qureshi remarked.
Qureshi said the incumbent government would not only complete its term but results of elections 2023 would also be in favour of PTI.
Qureshi stated that he earned immense respect and he felt honoured as the doors of Khana Kaaba were opened thrice for him, under the leadership of Prime Minister Imran Khan.He said when the PTI manifesto was being prepared, he personally requested Imran Khan that there should be a separate province for deprived areas of South Punjab on the basis of devolution of power. Imran Khan agreed with my stance and included the term of making South Punjab as a separate province as part of party manifesto, Qureshi added.
He said only 17 percent of the budget had been spent on South Punjab in the past despite the major issues of sewerage, clean drinking water and others. Qureshi said that he had no issue with metro bus service but the focus should be on basic problems of this area as PMLN had power in Punjab.He said that Punjab Finance Minister Hashim Jawan Bakhat told him that as per directives of the chief minister Punjab, separate annual development programme would be made for South Punjab through which funds could not be transferred to other districts.He said South Punjab has not been established officially so far because of not having two-thirds majority in the assembly.
The minister said, however, Prime Minister Imran Khan has laid foundation stone of the South Punjab Secretariat, which was good news for all.He said the establishment of South Punjab would not only empower the federal but also bring changes in lives of the people and it would be proved in future.
He said the South Punjab province would be established at all costs, adding that all hurdles being made by some spoilers to stop its establishment would be foiled. He lauded untiring efforts of State Minister on Political Affairs Malik Amir Dogar for development of South Punjab.
Qureshi also praised the role of the media for development of South Punjab and urged them to play their role for raising voice for establishment of a separate province.Addressing the ceremony, State Minister on Political Affairs Malik Amir Dogar lauded FM Qureshi for his struggle regarding ceasefire by Israel on Palestine. He said the role of Pakistan was being acknowledged by the international community.
He said Pakistan's foreign policy was zero before PTI government and the country was going towards isolation but the way Qureshi started representing Pakistan in the world under the leadership of PM Imran Khan was commendable.He said the incumbent government has provided maximum relief to farmers and added that next years would be the years of prosperity, progress and development.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years