Govt launches free meal programme in Peshawar
PESHAWAR: The pro-poor initiative of the government ‘ Koi Bhooka Na Soye’ under the banner of Ehsaas programme rolled out to three more cities i.e. Peshawar, Lahore and Faisalabad to provide free meals to labourers and other deserving segments of society.
Under the initiatives, free meals are provided on food trucks to those vulnerable people who do not have access to the shelter homes (Panahgas). The initiative was previously launched by Prime Minister Imran Khan as a pilot project in twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
A virtual ceremony to launch the initiative in the three cities was held on Sunday with Prime Minister Imran Khan as chief guest.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Mahmood Khan during the ceremony formally launched the programme in the provincial capital Peshawar.
KP cabinet members Hisham Inamullah Khan, Kamran Bangash, Member of Provincial Assembly Dr Sumaira Shams, Chief Secretary Kazim Niaz and others attended the virtual launching ceremony.
Under the Programme, those daily wagers and deserving people will be provided with free meals through food trucks in different parts of Peshawar. Initially, up to 4,000 people will be provided with meals through food trucks in different parts of the provincial capital which will be further extended in the coming days.
“Ehsas Koi Bhooka Na Soye Programme” has been launched with the collaboration of KP Social Welfare Department, Pakistan Bait Ul Mal and Selani Welfare Trust. The provincial government has provided food trucks to Pakistan Bait Ul Mal for operation while Selani Trust will arrange food items.
Addressing the launching ceremony, the chief minister said the launching of the programme was another step towards realization of the prime minister’s vision of a welfare state, adding the provincial government was going all out to give maximum relief to vulnerable segments of the society.
-
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final