IHC disposes of intra-court plea against Vawda
ISLAMABAD: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Monday disposed of an Intra Court Appeal (ICA), challenging the qualification of Federal Minister for Water Resources Muhammad Faisal Vawda after the petitioner decided to withdraw the case.
Chief Justice Athar Minallah remarked that this case was non-maintainable and the bench was going to dismiss it. The chief justice asked the petitioner that whether he was ready to withdraw the case as he had also alternate forums. At this, the petitioner's lawyer expressed willingness to withdraw ICA.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Athar Minallah and Justice Babar Sattar conducted hearing on an ICA filed through Barrister Jahangir Jadoon against the decision of single member bench in Vawda's eligibility case.
The chief justice remarked that after the resignation of Vawda from the membership of National Assembly this case had become ineffective. He observed that the single member bench had declared that the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) could take action in this case.
The lawyer said this court could issue order on the process in which Vawda submitted false affidavit to ECP regarding his dual nationality. He said the ministry could not give comments against allegations on him so far.
The chief justice said that the courts should not be dragged in to political matters as there were alternative forums in the country to address such issues. The lawyer said that this was not a political case instead it was a constitutional matter. After this, the court asked that it was going to dismiss the case or the petitioner itself withdrew his case.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest