LHC issues notice to LWMC on Albayrak’s plea for refund of security amount
LAHORE: The Lahore High Court has issued a notice to the Lahore Waste Management Company (LWMC) on a petition of its former Turkish contract, Albayrak, for the refund of its security amount.
The contractor through its counsel contended that the LWMC refused further contract to the contractor for lifting waste and also withheld the security it had deposited at the time of the award of the contract. It requested the court to order the respondent to reimburse the security deposit of the petitioner according to the contract.
Justice Ayesha A Malik sought a reply from the LWMC till March 17. Meanwhile, the judge would take up on Wednesday (today) a petition questioning the failure of the LWMC to lift waste in Lahore.
A citizen, Usman Khan, filed the petition through Advocate Sheraz Zaka saying the City had become the second most polluted city of the world due to air pollution and garbage lying in the open areas.
He said the LWMC and other authorities failed to perform their statutory obligations. The petitioner submits that the current status of the increased air pollution warrants the need to raise a red flag. He stated that the issue of pollution had been further exacerbated by burning of waste and heaps of garbage lying in almost all parts of the City, including Faisal Town, Allama Iqbal Town, Gulberg and Samanabad. The petitioner requested the court to seek an explanation from the government as to what measures had been taken to mitigate smog and collection of garbage to clean Lahore city.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'