SHC tells govt to submit report on Covid-19 vaccine import policy
The Sindh High Court directed a federal law officer on Tuesday to submit a report with regard to the general import of Covid-19 vaccines in the country.
The directive came during a hearing of a petition seeking the issuance of an injunction for the hospitals to provide first aid to every patient at the initial stage without calling/asking for producing the Covid-19 test report first.
The petitioner’s counsel submitted that the federal government had not made any plan with regard to the general import of vaccines for the people of the country. A division bench headed by Justice Mohammad Ali Mazhar inquired the federal law officer about the vaccine import policy. The federal law officer sought time to seek instructions from the federal government in this regard.
To a query with regard to the vaccination of doctors and citizens above 60 years, the provincial law officer said the federal government had decided the priority group in second phase for the Covid-19 vaccination comprised people above 60.
He submitted that the recommended vaccine for people above 60 is Oxford AsterZeneca, which is safer in this age, and the federal government has already announced the registration of persons above 60 in this regard. Giving details of the registration process, he said people above 60 have started registering in Sindh, and 7,337 people of 60 to 65 years of age and 21,126 people of above 65 years of age have registered so far.
The court directed the federal law officer to submit a response from the federal government with regard to the general import of Covid-19 vaccines, and adjourned the hearing till March 30. The provincial law officer said vaccination had already started and the government had made a policy in this regard.
-
Huge Donations Made On Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Matty Healy Sets Summer Wedding Date Close To Ex Taylor Swift's Nuptials -
Jennifer Lawrence On Her Complicated Relationship With Fame While Battling Rejection: 'Annoying' -
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony