Paramedics in Mardan threaten to boycott anti-polio campaign
MARDAN: The office-bearers of the Paramedical Association on Saturday threatened to boycott the upcoming anti-polio campaign if the government did not fulfil their demands.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the office-bearers of the Paramedical Association with district president Fazal Qayyum in the chair.
Addressing the meeting, speakers said that despite repeated assurances from officials of the provincial government and the health department about the approval of upgradation of paramedics, the authorities failed to fulfil their promise so far.
They added that most senior paramedics had been waiting for the last 30 to 35 years for promotion. They said that they retired in pay scale-12, terming this an injustice.
They said that paramedics had announced a schedule for protests, adding, there would be a strike of paramedics in all small and big hospitals of Mardan district on March 9, 2021. However, emergency cover would be given during the strike and on the same day all paramedics will stage a sit-in in front of the offices of the director general health services in Peshawar.
They added that all staff including women would participate in the protest and if their demands were not met they would boycott the upcoming polio campaign.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest