Pakistan seeded eighth in World Squash
By our correspondents
December 05, 2015
KARACHI: Pakistan’s seeding has been improved in the WSF Men’s World Squash Team Championship to be held in Cairo from December 12-18.
According to the revised draws released by WSF on Friday, Pakistan are seeded eighth. They had been seeded 12th earlier. Pakistan are in Group A, along with top seeds Egypt, ninth seeds Malaysia and 14th seeds Colombia. Pakistani team, comprising Nasir Iqbal, Farhan Zaman, Danish Atlas, and Tayyab Aslam, play against Colombia on 13th, against Malaysia on 14th, and against Egypt on 15th.
The quarter-finals will be played on 16th, the semi-finals on 17th and the finals on 18th.
France, Germany, the US, Canada, England and Finland have withdrawn from the competition, which was originally set to be held in Kuwait but was shifted to Egypt five weeks ago after the International Olympic Committee banned Kuwait because of government interference. South Africa and Australia are also considering pulling out of the competition.
On Friday the Egyptian Squash Association (ESA) hit back at the nations who have withdrawn from the championships and said Cairo was a safe city to visit.
In a letter to the South African Squash Federation, ESA president Assem Khalifa said that Cairo had no security issues and that the Al Ahly Club was a safe venue for a major squash tournament.
According to the revised draws released by WSF on Friday, Pakistan are seeded eighth. They had been seeded 12th earlier. Pakistan are in Group A, along with top seeds Egypt, ninth seeds Malaysia and 14th seeds Colombia. Pakistani team, comprising Nasir Iqbal, Farhan Zaman, Danish Atlas, and Tayyab Aslam, play against Colombia on 13th, against Malaysia on 14th, and against Egypt on 15th.
The quarter-finals will be played on 16th, the semi-finals on 17th and the finals on 18th.
France, Germany, the US, Canada, England and Finland have withdrawn from the competition, which was originally set to be held in Kuwait but was shifted to Egypt five weeks ago after the International Olympic Committee banned Kuwait because of government interference. South Africa and Australia are also considering pulling out of the competition.
On Friday the Egyptian Squash Association (ESA) hit back at the nations who have withdrawn from the championships and said Cairo was a safe city to visit.
In a letter to the South African Squash Federation, ESA president Assem Khalifa said that Cairo had no security issues and that the Al Ahly Club was a safe venue for a major squash tournament.
-
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies