BAHAWALPUR City News
By our correspondents
December 01, 2015
Eight LG candidates booked
From Our Correspondent
BAHAWALPUR: Eight LG candidates were booked for violating the election code of conduct.
Those booked are Bilal Baloch and Shah Nawaz Baloch of the PML-N, Rizwan Elahi and Adeel Khan of the PTI, Junaid Qureshi and Aslam Khan of the PTI and Zaman Ali of the PML-N. All the candidates are contesting for the slots of UC chairmen and vice-chairmen. They were booked by Cantonment and Civil Lines police stations.
31,000 POLICEMEN FOR LG ELECTION DUTY: Regional Police Officer Ehsan Sadiq and District Police Officer Sarfraz Falki have said that around 31,000 policemen, including Jawans and officers, would be deployed in Bahawalpur and Rahimyar Khan districts for the third phase of local government elections scheduled to be held on December 5.
Talking to newsmen here on Monday, the RPO revealed that as many as 7,181 candidates were contesting the LG elections. He said that 2,807 polling stations and 8,183 polling booths had been set up to hold the elections in a free, fair and transparent manner. He said that 140 polling stations had been declared most sensitive, 318 sensitive and 2,294 polling stations B category sensitive. He said that displaying of arms and aerial firing to celebrate the victory was totally ban.
DPO Sarfraz Falki said that the district police had issued a list of 119 miscreants irrespective of party affiliations and all had been bounded to submit surety bonds in their respective police stations.
CONVICTED: Chishtian Additional District and Sessions Judge Imran Khursheed on Monday awarded death sentence to Shahid Javed in a murder case. The court, however, acquitted Zahid, giving him the benefit of the doubt.
From Our Correspondent
BAHAWALPUR: Eight LG candidates were booked for violating the election code of conduct.
Those booked are Bilal Baloch and Shah Nawaz Baloch of the PML-N, Rizwan Elahi and Adeel Khan of the PTI, Junaid Qureshi and Aslam Khan of the PTI and Zaman Ali of the PML-N. All the candidates are contesting for the slots of UC chairmen and vice-chairmen. They were booked by Cantonment and Civil Lines police stations.
31,000 POLICEMEN FOR LG ELECTION DUTY: Regional Police Officer Ehsan Sadiq and District Police Officer Sarfraz Falki have said that around 31,000 policemen, including Jawans and officers, would be deployed in Bahawalpur and Rahimyar Khan districts for the third phase of local government elections scheduled to be held on December 5.
Talking to newsmen here on Monday, the RPO revealed that as many as 7,181 candidates were contesting the LG elections. He said that 2,807 polling stations and 8,183 polling booths had been set up to hold the elections in a free, fair and transparent manner. He said that 140 polling stations had been declared most sensitive, 318 sensitive and 2,294 polling stations B category sensitive. He said that displaying of arms and aerial firing to celebrate the victory was totally ban.
DPO Sarfraz Falki said that the district police had issued a list of 119 miscreants irrespective of party affiliations and all had been bounded to submit surety bonds in their respective police stations.
CONVICTED: Chishtian Additional District and Sessions Judge Imran Khursheed on Monday awarded death sentence to Shahid Javed in a murder case. The court, however, acquitted Zahid, giving him the benefit of the doubt.
-
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies