Fazlur Rehman calls Nawaz Sharif, Zardari to firm up movement
Fazl calls Nawaz, Zardari to firm up movement
ISLAMABAD: As the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz — the two major components of PDM — are sticking to their strategies to oust the government, JUI-F chief and PDM head Fazlur Rehman Tuesday called ex-PM Nawaz Sharif and former president Asif Ali Zardari and discussed the future strategy against the government.
It was agreed that the PDM meeting slated for February 4 will discuss different options to oust the government. After the telephonic conversation, the PDM rally to observe the Kashmir Day on February 5 has been shifted from Rawalpindi to Muzaffarabad.
Talking to newsmen, Fazl said no dialogue was going on either with the government or the establishment. “If anyone wants to talkto us, they should come to us after meeting our demands,” he said, adding that no U-turn had been taken on the long march and resignations except for a change in the strategy.
“If we resign en masse before the Senate elections, then the government will cash in on this situation. Hence, the option of resignations and long march has been deferred until after the elections,” he said.
Fazl said he personally thought that the no-confidence could not serve the purpose, as the results of no-confidence motion against the Senate chairman were before everyone. Fazl said after a complaint was made to Zardari on the matter of no-confidence, it was decided that all the decisions would be taken by the PDM with consensus and such kind of statements should be avoided.
“It would be better had the PPP raised this issue in the PDM’s February 4 meeting,” he said. To a question, the JUI-Chief Fazl said there was complete understanding between Nawaz Sharif and Asif Ali Zardari on removal of the government.
“Both have different ways but the aim is the one,” he said. Replying to a question, he said, “We have no desire to march towards Rawalpindi. If they are neutral, then why don’t they look so?” He asked if people didn’t know what had happened in Gilgit-Baltistan elections. “Everyone knows what’s being planned with regard to the upcoming Kashmir elections,” he said.
-
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest -
Hilary Duff Finally Addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic Mom Group' Essay -
Ryan Coogler Explains Why His Latest Project 'Sinners' Is So Close To His Heart -
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Longtime Friend Shares True Feelings Of Royal Couple On Andrew Arrest -
Who Is Punch? Here’s Everything To Know About The Viral Sensation Winning Over Internet -
Andrew's 'mental Health' Concerns Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media