NAB inquiries against Chaudhrys closed, LHC told
LAHORE: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Wednesday told the Lahore High Court that the two last inquiries pending for 20 years against PML-Q President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain and Punjab Assembly Speaker Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi have been closed for lack of evidence.
NAB-Lahore Director General Shahzad Saleem was present in the court when the prosecutor submitted a report about the closure of inquiries of assets beyond means and illegal appointments against Shujaat and Pervaiz. The prosecutor said the inquiries have been closed for want of evidence. The NAB had already dropped another inquiry against the two political leaders on charges of loan default. At this, the bench headed by Justice Sadaqat Ali Khan disposed of the petitions filed by the Chaudhrys wherein they alleged that the NAB had been used for political engineering.
Previously, the bench had directed the NAB to conclude within four weeks the inquiries pending for the last 20 years against the PML-Q leaders, the allies of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf government. The PML-Q leaders had pleaded that all the inquiries against them had been recommended for closure by the investigating officers and the regional board of the NAB during 2017 and 2018.
However, they said the sitting NAB chairman approved reinvestigation and bifurcation of the inquiries against them after a period of 20 years. They asked the court to set aside the authorization of the inquiries and the order for their bifurcation passed by the NAB chairman for being unlawful.
-
Huge Donations Made On Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Matty Healy Sets Summer Wedding Date Close To Ex Taylor Swift's Nuptials -
Jennifer Lawrence On Her Complicated Relationship With Fame While Battling Rejection: 'Annoying' -
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony