Protest against closure of schools in Charsadda
CHARSADDA: The teachers, students and owners of private schools on Tuesday staged a protest against the proposed closure of educational institutions owing to the second wave of
coronavirus pandemic in the country.
A large number of teaching staff, students and owners of private schools came in processions from different areas of the district and gathered at the main Farooq-e-Azam Chowk and chanted slogans against the government. People faced hardships due to blockade of chowk and the roads leading to various destinations from the district. Speaking on the occasion, Private Education Network (PEN), a conglomeration of various associations of private educational institutions, provincial vice-president Javed Khan, district president Nafeesullah and others said that they cannot afford the closure of their institutions anymore.
They said that too much precious time had already been wasted on the students during the first wave of Covid-19 and now the government was going to close down educational institutions again due to the surge of coronavirus cases.
Rejecting the government decision, PEN office-bearers alleged that the government was playing havoc with the future of the students by announcing closure of educational institutions for another time.
-
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song?