Ayaz didn’t talk about COAS, Fawad tells Indian TV
KARACHI/ISLAMABAD: Science and Technology Minister Fawad Chaudhry has clarified that PML-N leader Ayaz Sadiq's controversial comment had nothing to do with Pakistan's army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa.
Speaking to an Indian channel, Chaudhry said a statement made last week in the Parliament by the former speaker of the National Assembly was meant for Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and had nothing to do with COAS Gen Bajwa.
"You asked me [for my comment] and listened to me so I thank you for that," the minister told the Indian anchorperson.
However, the journalist accused Chaudhry of "going back on your words".
"You're saying you were talking about the events from October 14, that you never talked about October 26. What was one of your colleagues saying yesterday? He had claimed that 'India would have attacked by 9pm' and 'our Army chief was sweating'.
"So who's speaking the truth: him or you," the Indian anchorperson asked, referring to Chaudhry and the Ayaz Sadiq statement.
To which, Chaudhry responded by saying: "See, politicians issue such statements to discredit each other and I'll tell you once again that in the statement he [Ayaz Sadiq] gave, he never even mentioned the Army chief."
Ayaz Sadiq, the minister added, "was talking about our foreign minister and he said that because he's against us [in the Opposition]".
"It's obvious that just like politicians in India keep pulling each other's legs, the same happens in Pakistan as well and it's the same throughout the world.
"And again, he never took Army chief Gen Bajwa's name," Chaudhry clarified.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest