ATC defers indictment in Kasur scandal
LAHOREAn anti-terrorism court (ATC) on Monday deferred indictment of 20 accused involved in the Kasur child scandal after they said that the Joint Investigation Team had not recorded their statements.Earlier, the police produced all 20 accused before ATC-IV Judge Chaudhry Muhammad Ilyas in strict security. However, the accused through an
By our correspondents
November 17, 2015
LAHORE
An anti-terrorism court (ATC) on Monday deferred indictment of 20 accused involved in the Kasur child scandal after they said that the Joint Investigation Team had not recorded their statements.
Earlier, the police produced all 20 accused before ATC-IV Judge Chaudhry Muhammad Ilyas in strict security. However, the accused through an application submitted that the Joint Investigation Team had not recorded their statements.
Six accused including Tanzeel ur Rehman, Ateeq ur Rehman, Saleem Akhtar, Muhammad Yahya and Waseem through another application submitted that the police had registered cases against them under Anti-Terrorism Act (ATA) for threats.
They requested the court to exclude ATA sections from the cases and their cases should be transferred to sessions courts. At this, the court adjourned the further hearing till November 19 and sought arguments from parties on applications. The accused were expected to be indicted today as the prosecution had already submitted majority of challans (Charge-Sheet) against the accused wherein they were held guilty. Ganda Singh Wala/Kasur police had registered a total of 31 cases in connection with the Kasur child abuse scandal against 20 accused. Twenty-five cases were registered under Sections of 506, 293, 387, 386 and 377 of the Criminal Procedure Code and Sections of Anti-Terrorism Act whereas six other cases were registered under Sections of Criminal Procedure Code alone.
An anti-terrorism court (ATC) on Monday deferred indictment of 20 accused involved in the Kasur child scandal after they said that the Joint Investigation Team had not recorded their statements.
Earlier, the police produced all 20 accused before ATC-IV Judge Chaudhry Muhammad Ilyas in strict security. However, the accused through an application submitted that the Joint Investigation Team had not recorded their statements.
Six accused including Tanzeel ur Rehman, Ateeq ur Rehman, Saleem Akhtar, Muhammad Yahya and Waseem through another application submitted that the police had registered cases against them under Anti-Terrorism Act (ATA) for threats.
They requested the court to exclude ATA sections from the cases and their cases should be transferred to sessions courts. At this, the court adjourned the further hearing till November 19 and sought arguments from parties on applications. The accused were expected to be indicted today as the prosecution had already submitted majority of challans (Charge-Sheet) against the accused wherein they were held guilty. Ganda Singh Wala/Kasur police had registered a total of 31 cases in connection with the Kasur child abuse scandal against 20 accused. Twenty-five cases were registered under Sections of 506, 293, 387, 386 and 377 of the Criminal Procedure Code and Sections of Anti-Terrorism Act whereas six other cases were registered under Sections of Criminal Procedure Code alone.
-
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony -
King Charles In Hot Water After Andrew Arrest: ‘Step Down!’ -
Space-based Solar Power Could Push The World Beyond Net Zero: Here’s How -
Kate Walsh Remembers Her 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane Following His Death At 53