Balochistan govt urges PDM to postpone Quetta jalsa amid security fears
QUETTA: The Balochistan government on Friday urged the Pakistan Democratic Movement's (PDM) leadership to postpone its October 25 jalsa in Quetta, citing security concerns, Geo News reported.
"Terrorists are targeting political leadership in Balochistan," said Liaquat Shahwani, the Balochistan government spokesperson, during a news conference.
Shahwani's comments come a day after the National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) in Islamabad issued a threat alert for Peshawar and Quetta, saying that banned militant outfit Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) is planning terrorist activities in the two cities.
A statement by the authority said that the TTP aims to target religious and political parties in bomb attacks and suicide bombings.
Another major terror attack also took place near Ormara a few days earlier when fourteen, including seven FC personnel, were martyred when an Oil and Gas Development Company (OGDCL) convoy was attacked by a large number of terrorists.
Claiming that the government was taking security issues seriously in Balochistan, Shahwani said that Opposition parties should show some responsibility.
The government's concerns have risen following a rise in security threats, the spokesperson said, adding that a terror bid was recently foiled in the province's Qamar Din Karez Tehsil. Noting that the past law and order situation was a cause of fear in the province, Shahwani highlighted that the PDM had already delayed its jalsa two times earlier. "We do not have any issues with the [PDM] holding jalsas. The government will provide every facility to the [Opposition] whenever it holds rallies next," Shahwani added.
-
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony -
King Charles In Hot Water After Andrew Arrest: ‘Step Down!’ -
Space-based Solar Power Could Push The World Beyond Net Zero: Here’s How -
Kate Walsh Remembers Her 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane Following His Death At 53 -
AI Ad Wars Begin As Perplexity Snubs ChatGPT Advertising -
Microsoft Copilot Bug Exposes Confidential Emails To AI -
Eric Dane Final Emotional Words Revealed After Tragic Death -
Prince William 'furious' Regarding His Own Future After Andrew Arrest -
Charli XCX Reveals ‘confusing’ Toll ‘Brat’ Popularity Took On Her -
Android Phones At Risk: PromptSpy Malware Exploits AI -
Barry Manilow Gives Insight Into 'very Depressing' Doctor Visit As He Postpones 2026 Arena Tour Due To Cancer -
Margot Robbie Opens Up About Imposter Syndrome ‘crisis’ -
'Desperate' Sarah Ferguson Won't Go Down Without A Fight