Chitral flood victims ask govt to honour promises
CHITRAL: The flood-affected dwellers of Muzhgol village in Morkho tehsil on Saturday asked the authorities to honour their promises about their early rehabilitation.“The life of more than 68 families is in danger as steps have not been taken to rehabilitate them ahead of the harsh winter which already set in,”
By our correspondents
November 15, 2015
CHITRAL: The flood-affected dwellers of Muzhgol village in Morkho tehsil on Saturday asked the authorities to honour their promises about their early rehabilitation.
“The life of more than 68 families is in danger as steps have not been taken to rehabilitate them ahead of the harsh winter which already set in,” a worried elder Dinar Wali told reporters here.
Elders including Muhammad Dinar Khan, Ali Muhammad Khan and others were also present on the occasion.
He said Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif and Chief Minister Pervez Khattak had announced Rs1 million for each flood affectee during the visit to Chitral.
“However, the government gave Rs100,000 to each family affected by the floods, adding that such amount was not sufficient. “The families still staying in tents as they can’t build houses on such a meager amount,” he added.
They said that the government should allot residential plots to the victims in Kaghlisht to build their houses as their native village had been devastated by the flood. “The Opposition Leader in the National Assembly and Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leader Khursheed Shah handed over a cheque for Rs50 million to the district administration for the rehabilitation of the earthquake victims but there is no update on it,” Ibrahim Wali complained.
“The life of more than 68 families is in danger as steps have not been taken to rehabilitate them ahead of the harsh winter which already set in,” a worried elder Dinar Wali told reporters here.
Elders including Muhammad Dinar Khan, Ali Muhammad Khan and others were also present on the occasion.
He said Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif and Chief Minister Pervez Khattak had announced Rs1 million for each flood affectee during the visit to Chitral.
“However, the government gave Rs100,000 to each family affected by the floods, adding that such amount was not sufficient. “The families still staying in tents as they can’t build houses on such a meager amount,” he added.
They said that the government should allot residential plots to the victims in Kaghlisht to build their houses as their native village had been devastated by the flood. “The Opposition Leader in the National Assembly and Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leader Khursheed Shah handed over a cheque for Rs50 million to the district administration for the rehabilitation of the earthquake victims but there is no update on it,” Ibrahim Wali complained.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest