SHC tells Keenjhar Lake admin to submit report on implementation of SOPs
The Sindh High Court directed the manager of the Keenjhar Lake resort on Tuesday to submit a report with photographs showing implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) at the lake.
Hearing a petition against a lack of safety arrangements at the lake resort due to which 10 picnickers had drowned in August, a division bench, headed by Justice Mohammad Ali Mazhar, inquired the deputy commissioner of Thatta about the responsibility of the local administration to ensure safety standards and implementation of the SOPs at the tourist spot.
The deputy commissioner submitted a report on how safe conditions were being provided to picnickers at the lake. The resort manager told the high court that certain steps had been taken to implement the SOPs. The court observed that appropriate safety arrangements, including lifejackets and lifeboats, should be available at the lake.
It directed the manager to submit a report along with some photographs to show what development had taken place at the resort in accordance with the SOPs. The matter was adjourned till November 10.
Petitioner Nadeem Sheikh stated that 10 persons, including women and children, had drowned when a boat carrying picnickers capsized in the lake on August 17. He said the high court had earlier ordered the administration to adopt safety measures at the lake and the province’s coastal areas, but no steps had been taken to improve safety and rescue operations.
The court had earlier directed the deputy commissioner to come up with effective SOPs so that such kinds of incidents could be avoided. During Tuesday’s hearing, it directed the provincial law officer to call the secretary for tourism at the next hearing and explain what effective safety measures were being taken at the tourism spots in the province.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'